[GreenYes] Re: Food debris belongs outside the pipe.

Alan's concerns (which I share) relate to the likelihood that conventional
sewer systems will sometimes fail. My concern is that conventional systems
may be inherently flawed in their design, not only because of downstream
impacts but because of upstream impacts. Lester Brown's Plan B 2.0, Chapter
3, convinced me that "Emerging Water Shortages" are a real concern and that
liquid waste management systems that rely on enormous throughputs of water
may be part of the problem.

I think this is something that we should be tracking.

Helen.