[GreenYes] Percentage of commingled containers that are glass/plastic/metal (steel & aluminum)

Hi, we are now collecting commingled in two curbside programs and need to make an estimate of the breakdown b/w the various types of containers. The most recent breakdown we have is now three years old & my understanding is that the ratios are changing fewer al. cans and glass bottles/more plastic bottles. NC is NOT a bottle bill state tho our particular community has a 40%+ recycling rate so data from bottle bill states MAY be useful. Any data will point the way for us at this time. This is also needed for multifamily as again, our older data is somewhat suspect. Thanks.

Blair L. Pollock
Orange County Solid Waste Planner
(919) 968-2788
(919) 932-2900 fax
PO Box 17177
Chapel Hill NC 27516-7177
Only 1 in 5 plastic bottles is now recycled in Orange County.