[GreenYes] Re: Eco-Cycle support for bioplastics

Dear Eric,

I have great respect for you, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with the
"wait and see" approach. Now is the time to ask questions about the PLA
bottle, if it is not already too late. There's a big difference between
criticizing a product or process, and asking hard questions about the
potential environmental and economic impacts of that product or process.
This is not the time to put a halt to questions that many people have about
the bioplastics industry in general and the PLA bottle in particular. I hope
members of this listserv will continue to seek answers to their questions.
The PLA bottle could have a profound impact on both our environment and our
economy.

Pat

Patricia Franklin
Executive Director
Container Recycling Institute
1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 800
Washington, D.C. 20036-1904
Tel.(202) 263-0999 Fax: (202) 263-0949
www.container-recycling.org and www.bottlebill.org