[GreenYes] Re: 6 new messages in 3 topics - digest

I believe the official number from industry is $44 billion including C and D. I think this is low. I would like to look at the official methodology used but never have gotten around to it. Perhaps this can be a student thesis. My estimate is $70 Billion. I think there are a lot of informal economic exchanges in this sector. I think C and D and commercial costs are under reported. My estimate comes from talking to selected industry members. Not random and not scientific. Let's call them impressions.

These estimates are gross income. With regard to profits--- Large companies tend to have 30% profit goals; smaller companies 10-15%.

Neil Seldman
Institute for Local Self-Reliance
Washington, DC