Gary Liss

From: "Donna Casey" <director@no.address>
Cc: "'Liz Helrich'" <fieldprograms@no.address>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:25:43 -0400

Gary,

...I am wondering if you know of any sources or resources for thinking on what would constitute a Zero Waste focused hazardous waste program, at least in philosophy. We have had a hazardous waste storage facility at a former landfill site now transfer station owned by Casella. They recently gave us notice that they would not renew our lease on that piece of land, and we are dissassembling the facility.

This gives us an opportunity to rethink the way we gather and manage hhw in our region. Liz has posed the question, Does a hazardous waste program in a Zero Waste region look and act differently than in other places? If so, how? I am wondering if there are any examples out there before we begin to construct a process for answering this ourselves.

Thanks for considering this.

Donna

Gary Liss
916-652-7850