RE: [greenyes] Carbon Trading Holds Potential to Give Expanded Co mposting Fairer Shake

And, of course, we should not just focus on composting; as shown by the US
EPA report on greenhouse gases associated with various alternatives for
managing solid wastes
(http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/muncpl/ghg/ghg.htm), both source
reduction and recycling provide substantial savings.

For recycling, the biggest savings on a weight basis is from the recovery of
aluminum cans, while the largest total gains are from paper recycling.

Perhaps there is a way to also provide recycling with some of the financial
beneifts of GHG emissions reductions?

John Reindl
Dane County, WI