From: lkingeco2@no.address [mailto:lkingeco2@no.address]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:59 PM
To: pfranklin@no.address
Cc: lkingeco2@no.address
Subject: Re: [greenyes] Steven Johnson's answers to Jeffords' recycling
questions

It would be good to see Steven Johnson's prepared staement before the
Senate Environment and Public Works Committee (EPW). The brief quote used
by Senator Jeffords is confusing, specifically: "In your written testimony,
you note that 'recycling and composting of municipal solid waste has
increased more than tenfold in the last decade'."

This statement can't be about a tenfold increase in the national recycling
rate. I doubt it is a tenfold increase in the tons of material collected
for recycling. Is it perhaps a reference to the increase in the number of
curbside programs?

Anyone know what Johnson may be citing?

**************************
Lance King
Chairman
Community Solutions
5615 26th Street N.
Arlington, VA 22207
Tel 703.536.7282
Fax 703.538.5504
Email lkingeco2@no.address
In a message dated 4/14/05 2:09:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,