From: "The Nation Magazine" <emailnation@no.address>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:01:35 -0800
Subject: Coke: The New Nike

Dear EmailNation Subscriber,

Ever since its "I'd like to teach the world to sing" commercials from the
1970s, Coca-Cola has billed itself as the world's beverage, uniting
colors and cultures within its red-and-white swoosh. Behind that image,
however, writes Michael Blanding in a new Nation online exclusive, a
growing student movement is taking the company to task for its shoddy
human rights record around the globe.
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050411&s=blanding

And click below to check out a new activist website offering detailed
background on scores of allegations of human rights abuses against Coke
from South America as well as a host of ways you can get involved in the
campaign to stop the gruesome cycle of killings of union organizers at
Coca-Cola bottling plants in Colombia. http://www.killercoke.org/

What's Good for Wal-Mart is Good for America? A Debate
The Nation vs. The Economist
Wednesday, April 6; 7:00 to 9:00 pm (doors open: 6:00)
New York Society For Ethical Culture
2 West 64th Street

Admission FREE; No Reservations; Seating limited; Please arrive early.
For more info: http://www.economist.com/events/walmart/

Finally, please visit http://www.thenation.com regularly for new weblog
postings; exclusive online reports; the RadioNation AudioBlog; info on
nationwide activist campaigns; Nation History offerings; reader letters
and special weekly selections from The Nation magazine--this week we're
featuring pieces by William Greider, Ruth Rosen, David Corn, Christian
Parenti, and Eric Alterman!

Best Regards,
Peter Rothberg, The Nation

P.S. If you like the essays by Jacoby and Sherman, please consider
subscribing to The Nation at our discounted rate. It's the only way to
read ALL of what's in The Nation week after week--both in print and
online. http://www.thenation.com/ensubscribe