Re: [greenyes] Americans break record for beverage containers wasted
Pat, et al-

Is there a breakdown for how much of each commodity has been collected (and
not collected)? Also, a breakdown for how much for each major sector
(residential, workplace, etc.)? Two basic reasons for this question:

1. We see, virtually everywhere, that glass and aluminum recovery in
businesses and institutions has been discontinued in existing programs. In
many cases, the recycling receptacles are still in place, but custodians
have been instructed to trash. In cases where people are starting up
programs, they just go for cardboard and/or office paper. No beverage
containers at all.

2. Curbside programs that don¹t collect plastic, like Philly¹s, inevitably
lose opportunities as more and more products move from glass to plastic
containerization. A number of programs are also discontinuing glass
collection.

Just curious. I don¹t doubt that citizens are less inclined to avail
themselves of recycling opportunities when they have them as well. Without
doubt, if there is a way we can work in partnership with CRI to attack
the business equation, let us know.

Thanks for all your tireless work and advocacy.

David Biddle, Executive Director

P.O. Box 4037
Philadelphia, PA 19118
215-247-3090