[greenyes] Campaign Against the Plastic Plague (CAPP)

Campaign Against the Plastic Plague (CAPP)

Please RSVP as space is limited! Please forward to interested organizations
and individuals

Earth Resource Foundation invites you to our CAPP Statewide Coalition
meeting on Wednesday, December 1, 2004 from 9 am to 5 pm am at the Muth
Interpretative Center in Newport Beach, CA to officially kick off the campaign.
Over 40 environmental, health, and community organizations expected to attend.
Visit www.earthresource.org for more information.

Please RSVP by November 29, 2004 to Stephanie@no.address
For directions:
http://www.newportbay.org/mapstrt.htm

What reason do you need to stop using single use disposable plastic?

ENVIRONMENT HEALTH ECONOMICS CHILDREN OIL DEPENDENCE

The Campaign Against the Plastic Plague’s mission: As a result of the harmful
impact of plastic on global ecosystems, economies, and public health,
immediate action must be taken to eliminate single use throwaway plastics. Change
must be established in the consumer lifestyle through education, citizen action,
and business accountability.

We have spent the last four months completing our research and campaign
materials and would welcome the opportunity to present them to you for review and
implementation. As we all know, the reduction of plastic usage, litter and
production is a big job and will only be completed by a comprehensive and
organized campaign. The bigger picture we are working towards is returning the earth
to a healthy and sustainable state!!

This meeting is open to all organizations, volunteers, government staff and
officials, and businesses.
Please RSVP no later than November 29, 2004 so we can send out preparation
materials. Also, please visit our website at www.earthresource.org for updated
information.

PROPOSED AGENDA
8:30 am Coffee & bagels, networking and registration
9:00 am Welcome and round table introductions
9:30 am Introduction to the Campaign Against the Plastic Plague
Campaign Mission and Goal
Campaign Educational and Marketing Demographics
Activist Kit and Statewide rollout
Legislative Objectives
10:30 am Plastic Population Explosion: Rick Anthony and Stephanie Barger
Production, recovery and effects of the environment
11:30 am Plastics and Our Health: Presentation by Dr. Sarah (Steve) Mosko
12:30 pm Lunch and walk around the Back Bay
Time for brainstorming and network building
2:00 pm Plastics and our Economy: Stephanie Barger
3:00 pm Building the Coalition: Role of nonprofit organizations in the
Statewide Campaign
Opportunity to provide resources and expertise, offer suggestions, and
determine role in campaign.
Develop and sign Campaign pledge.
4:30 pm Distribution of Activist Kits and Networking
5:30 pm Optional Dinner for further networking

Earth Resource Foundation www.earthresource.org Tel: (949) 645-5163 Fax:
(949) 645-5173
Stephanie Barger, Executive Director
stephanie@no.address
Earth Resource Foundation
230 E. 17th St #208
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
http://www.earthresource.org/
949-645-5163

Help support Earth Resource Foundation's youth programs and campaigns for:
smoke free beaches, plastic reduction and promotion of electric cars and
renewable energies