RE: [greenyes] Grocery bag fee in SF

Not a regressive tax. I live in town and Save A Lot Grocery charges for
bags (I think 5 or 7 cents) - this is NOT a local trend - they do it because
they say it helps them keep their prices down. The cashier asks you how
many bags you want before they hit your total.

I like to use reusable bags because you can get more in them and they don't
bust while I'm climbing the steps to the third floor.

While I don't see too many fewer bags going out of the store, I do see fewer
Save A Lot bags (I see plenty of plastic bags floating around, however)
along the steets.

Steve Weisser