Re: [greenyes] RE: PEER Press Release

Wow, has this off-topic item taken on it's own life. I didn't see an "attack on anybody who believes in God"....I saw a statement of concern that many close to Bush look at the future with a certain perspective, which was most notoriously associated with the statements of James Watt, Reagan's first Sec. of Interior. There ARE indeed a growing number of fundamentalist Christians who believe the Rapture will come during THEIR lifetimes. This trend observation should not be seen as a criticism, but rather a fact that we have to deal with [and maybe reconcile within ourselves?]

To bring this back on-topic, this difference in perspectives is something that all of us who work to extend the life of materials and reduce pollution need to be aware of. The oft-used message that we cite in our promotional programs about recycling saving resources for our children and grandchildren really won't have much affect on those who firmly belive that there will not be a need for earthly resources in a generation or two!

Pete Pasterz
Michigan State University

>>> Ken McEntee <ken@no.address> 11/01/04 02:13PM >>>
Thank you Steve Swaim and Dan Weisenbach.

This attack against anybody who believes in God at every available
opportunity, relevent or not, is really nauseating. And very absurd
considering that the vast majority of the Earth's population DOES
believe in God in some respect, even if their particular religions vary.

Ken McEntee

--
Press releases starting as low as $150
The Write Company

McEntee Media Corporation is the publisher of the following trade journals and news services:
Paper Recycling Online
The Paper Stock Report
Recycled Paper News
Composting News