[greenyes] graywater systems in California

Melissa,

In California, you'd have to follow the Calif. design guidelines, which are
on the Web. However, your county can prevent you from installing a graywater
system. Northern California is strangely resistant to such things. Call your
local health agent.

People complain about the Calif. regs., but the suggested drip-irrigation
design doesn't look onerous to me. It all depends on what they'll require for a
soils test.

You can see an article I wrote about such systems at
http://www.ecological-engineering.com/news.html (contains some clunky sentences thanks to the editor
at LA mag).

Carol Steinfeld
http://www.ecowaters.org