[greenyes] what is Zero Waste?

There was a healthy dialog on the Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA) listserve about a definition of Zero Waste, which I have NOT compiled. If anyone would like the comments after that discussion, I compiled those comments for the ZWIA Standards Subcommittee to review, and would be happy to forward to you for your information.

The latest draft definition that's being discussed now by the ZWIA Planning Group is:
"Zero Waste means designing and managing products and processes to conserve and recover all resources, and not burn or bury them. Implementing Zero Waste will eliminate all discharges to land, water or air that may be a threat to planetary, human, animal or plant health. Zero Waste is a goal that is both pragmatic and visionary, to guide people to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all outputs are inputs for other processes."
Gary