[greenyes] Aluminum Bottles

We just received our August 30 copy of Waste News with its front page story on Aluminum Bottles. Third class mail comes slowly to the Hawaiian Islands - we call that the "Paradise Tax!"

In "New Bottle's appeal all froth? - Group questions aluminum container's environmental merits," Pat Franklin, executive director of the Container Recycling Institute did a find job of explaining the "downside" of this new packaging. The fact that these bottles invovle three times the aluminum as a 12 ounce can is definetly a step backwards.

Do these bottles come with a liner and if so, is this a problem when they are recycled?

Camille Armantrout
Maui