[greenyes] Fwd: "Funding Factory"press release

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:56:42 -0400
To: recycle_support@no.address
From: Alan Muller <amuller@no.address>
Subject: "Funding Factory"press release
Cc: info@no.address
Bcc: jack debell <Debell@no.address>, greenyes@no.address

Dear Epson people:

I have just seen a release dated 9/14/04 saying:

"Educational and nonprofit organizations can earn points by collecting genuine Epson ink cartridges and sending them to FundingFactory for recycling. The cartridges will be converted to energy through an environmentally sound incineration process at a licensed waste-to-energy recycling facility."

There are at least two problems with this:

(1) Incineration is not "recycling;"and

(2) Noting is "converted to energy" in an incinerator.

Thus, you are engaging in two major misrepresentations about an issue that is important to our members. Please be advised that we intend to provide this information to our members and suggest that they might avoid purchase of Epson produces until the situation is corrected.

Yours very truly,

Alan Muller

Alan Muller, Executive Director
Green Delaware