[greenyes] Zero Waste Endorsements

Dear Friends,

Sincere apologies for any cross postings.

We are launching a massive initiative in South Africa to introduce, implement and facilitate Zero Waste principles in areas where they are relatively unknown.
Apart from the Polokwane Agreement which satisfies Zero Waste by 2022, we have no legislation in place yet, but are lobbying currently for such.

Our primary goal at Zero Waste SA is to implement a Zero Waste World Cup Soccer Event, such as we are priveleged to host in our country in 2010.

Several organisations are involved and our efforts are currently informed by Muna Lakhani of Earthlife Africa.

Over the coming six years we hope thereby to raise awareness, conscientise, promote and train our communities in Zero Waste Philosophy and to facilitate Zero Waste Communities as part of the support campaign for the Cup. We hope that applying Zero Waste thinking to such an event will create a national if not international benchmark and it is a project which requires international cooperation, peaceful collaboration and a motivated global team.

If I might call upon all our fellows worldwide to support us in this endeavour, I would like to request endorsements which we would like to present to the World Cup Bid Committee and various organisations who assist us in motivating this important project. Simply reply to this mail with your thoughts and contact details, we are trying to compile the endorsement list by next week Friday.

As always,
In solidarity and humility,
Nicole
Programme Development
Restoration Africa Project
The Southern Health and Ecology Institute
P O Box 67608 Bryanston 2021
Gauteng
South Africa