[greenyes] composting/recycling encoded into building ordinances

Hi Debbie ~

Wisconsin has made recycling mandatory for all generators, and all
commercial facilities must provide recycling containers and notification of
the recycling program to users of the building. The state has also banned
the landfilling of yard materials, but it is not necessary for building
owners to provide composting facilities. Public buildings must also provide
space for recycling in their building plans. You can see our state laws at
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/../rsb/stats.html. See chapter 287 for the
general law, s. 101.126 for building space, plus you can search all our
statutues for the word "recycling". The regulations can be found on the
internet at http://www.legis.state.wi.us/../rsb/code/index.html.

Best wishes,

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, WI