Re: [greenyes] Worthless Workshops in Sacramento

Sharon_Gates@no.address wrote:

<snip>
In order to attend a workshop in Sacramento now, not only would I
have to pay for it entirely myself, but I would have to take vacation time
in order to go. To me, this seems unreasonable for something that is
directly related to doing my job. I believe my situation is fairly common
among government employees these days.
<snip>

Try calling whine-one-one on this one in my opinion.

I routinely spend my own time and my own money to get first hand experience and knowledge with recycing issues on Maui.

Our County bureaucrats will only go out to public events if they are paid - not on their own time. Our highly paid county recycling coordinator is currently spending her time on putting together a coloring book for crissakes while much of our dropbox plastic is being landfilled!

I agree with C. William 100%:

C. William wrote:
<snip>
Spending a day on the rear-end
of
a garbage truck or a recycling vehicle will teach everyone more than
99%
of the overpriced workshops/seminars. Most of the big buck consultants
at the workshops/seminars have never spent a day collecting what they
profess to know all about.
<snip>

I drove a truck for Maui Recycling Service for two years and am now in the FOG to biodiesel business. All the stupid conferences and recycled content pencils in the world are wasted taxpayer dollars and next week's landfill. Try going out in your community and working on the issues first hand - it's much more worthwhile.

Bob Armantrout
Maui Green Energy - (totally funded by four individuals personal time and money)
www.mauigreenenergy.org