Re: [greenyes] Recycling Discussion Format

Thank you, Megan, you've summed it up perfectly.

The current list is automated. I generally only step in
when members have questions about why something bounced.

a. We don't have to worry about removing bad email addresses.
They remove themselves.
b. Fewer viruses spread because we strip all html and attachments.
c. The message gets across without flashy or inappropriate ads.
d. People who pay by the minute for internet aren't subjected
to huge attachments and wasteful html.
e. This is an affordable solution for GRRN.

Previous attempts at a bulletin board community failed.
Our current format brings the information directly to
the community in your mailbox.

Concerns for better archiving and searchability
are valid. Archives are indexed by date and thread,
but the archive automation has been a puzzle since we changed
operating systems for the webserver several months ago.
It has not been a priority. I've been updating the archive manually.

Also the perl search engine had to be replaced with another
less capable search engine, again because of OS changes.

We hope to have these two items addressed in the coming months,
so please stand by.

Chris