[greenyes] Communities and Tribes Combating Open Burning
Apologies for Cross Postings

Hello All -

I'm involved in a study that's being funding by USEPA and conducted by the
Chlorine Chemistry Council, the National Volunteer Fire Council, and the
Rural Community Assistance Program.

One of my tasks is to identify communities that have implemented or who are
considering implementing initiatives to abate and/or eliminate backyard
burning. A "best practices" survey will be conducted once these communities
have been identified.  The results will be compiled and a document will be
produced to promote these programs and the strategies they employ.

I'm hoping - given your experience at the state and local level - that you
can assist me in compiling a list of contacts. Therefore, if you know of any
projects - successful or not - that have been implemented to deal with this
issue, please send me the name and contact information of the project
manager or whoever was responsible for the program.

Thanks so much for your time and assistance in this matter. I will keep you
appraised of our progress and final outcomes!

Sincerely,

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs
Rural Community Assistance Program