Re: [greenyes] Fwd: JAPAN: World's First Zero Waste PaperPlant
RE: World's First Zero Waste Paper Recycling Plant

Thanks for posting Gary/Michele.

This is exciting and encouraging news.  From my readings (back in the
80's) of Japanese economic conditions vis a vis government/industry
relationships, it comes very close to a centrally planned economy.  Is
that still the case?  If so, how can the US and other strongly laissez
faire economies possibly emulate this?  Or was this a strictly voluntary
action taken by the paper company in measured response to consumer and
government encouragement to become more environmentally benign?  I would
hope for the latter.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418
email: waynet@no.address

"Experience is what allows us to recognize repeated mistakes."