RE: [greenyes] Josh Rosenfield
I think this is a good discussion.  Aren't the kinds of chemicals used to
make plastic containers of interest to the recycling community?

1.  It is relevant to collecting enough of an easily recycled plastic used
and recovered to make the process economically possible and environmentally
safe.

2.  Don't you want to direct consumers to consume materials with high
recycling potential?  (I recall when PVC plastic bottles were a problem for
recyclers.)

Are Nalgene polycarbonate bottles recycled?  We know they are for reuse, but
there comes an end to everything.  What happens to the big 5 gallon
polycarbonate carboys that offices use?  Bayer in Germany makes and recycles
polycarbonate. It is an interesting system.
http://bayerplastics.com/AG/AE/recycling/haushalt.jsp

There's a lot of information about Bisphenol A on Google. A good website is:

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NewScience/oncompounds/bisphenola/bpauses.htm

Doris Cellarius