[greenyes] CART Champ Car Joins Cell Phone Recycling Drive

CART CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES JOINS ASSOCIATION OF HOLE IN THE WALL CAMPS IN BEGINNING AT-TRACK CELL PHONE RECYCLING DRIVE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Adam Saal or Merrill Cain at (317) 715-4100

 INDIANAPOLIS (July 17, 2003) - The CART Champ Car World Series, and their Official Charity, the Association of Hole in the Wall Camps has partnered with Charitable Recycling to begin a drive to collect used cell phones at every race for the remainder of the 2003 season. The camps will receive a monetary donation for each phone collected during this drive. Monies for each phone will be donated to the Champ Car Official Charity, The Association of Hole in the Wall Camps, and will be presented at the 2003 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford season finale in Fontana, CA on November 2.

"This Cellular Contribution drive will help us continue to find unique and valuable ways to support our partnership with the Association of Hole in the Wall Camps, while also collecting and recycling some of the estimated 150 million idle cell phones in the U.S., said Kori Novak, Director, Special Projects for Champ Car, "The cell phones will be refurbished and sent to battered woman and family shelters and similar organizations within the United States. Cell phones also contain toxins and are very hazardous to our environment if they go to landfills. It's a win, win, win situation for everyone involved."

Any and all cell phones will be accepted. Those turning in cell phones are requested to turn in any battery or charger that comes with the phone. All phones should be deactivated before turning them in.

"We're very excited about this program as an extension of our Champ Car partnership", said Stocky Clark, Executive Director for The Association of Hole in the Wall Camps. "It not only benefits our association, but assists in preserving the environment and bringing communications to people who could not otherwise afford it.

Donations may be dropped off in the following locations during race weekends: Registration/Credentialing, the Champ Car Pace Car compound and the Champ Car Official Merchandise trailer.

The Association of Hole in the Wall Camps serves the entire family of Hole in the Wall Camps, including five fully operational camps, three camps in active development, and several programs around the globe. To date, our camps have provided a magical camp experience to nearly 67,000 children with serious illnesses or other life-threatening conditions. Each camp is a recreational and therapeutic place for these children to come and feel the simple joy of being a child.

Founder Paul Newman's vision of providing these camps free of charge is made possible through the generous contributions of individuals, corporations, foundations, and many other organizations.  With continued support, we hope to provide this life-changing camp experience to as many children all over the world as possible. For more information on The Association of Hole In The Wall Camps log onto www.holeinthewallcamps.org