[greenyes] Recycled Art Show Announcement
Hi Greenyes watchers:
Following is a text announcement about The RE Store's Second Recycled
Art Show, Sept 15-21, 2003, in Seattle WA.

Note the Call for Artists web address. We welcome art from anywhere in
the world, so please let your network of art-loving agencies,
colleagues, friends and family know about this exciting opportunity. If
you'd like a copy of the Call emailed to you, let me know.

We also seek additional sponsors to help with this and future shows. If
you represent a progressive recycling company or similar enterprise and
would consider joining our terrific group of sponsors, please contact
me and I'll get you more information.

Thanks for your time,

Jim Jensen
Development & Community Relations Manager
The RE Store
1440 NW 52nd St.
Seattle, WA 98107
206-297-9119
jimj@no.address
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The RE Store?s Second Recycled Art Show
September 15-21, 2003
The RE Store, in Seattle, 1440 NW 52nd St

Featuring: the Haute Trash Fashion Show (Sat., Sept 20)
Co-sponsors: Arts Ballard and Washington Citizens for Resource
Conservation

Summary

The RE Store?s first recycled art show, for Earth Day 2002, was
attended by more than 2,000 people, proved very popular and received
great exposure throughout Seattle and Western Washington. The plan for
this year?s show is equally ambitious. This year Arts Ballard and
Washington Citizens for Resource Conservation have joined as key
neighborhood co-sponsors. We?ll have terrific art works on exhibition.
They?ll all contain recycled materials and be selected for the show by
a panel of noted judges.

Special awards will be given in several categories:
® Youth (Up through age 20)
® Best Use of Used Building Materials
® Best Blend of Form and Function
® Best Use of Mixed Materials
® The People?s Choice Award (voted by visitors to the show)

Special Events: Haute Trash Fashion Returns

Robin Worley?s fabulous show, featuring fashion from trash, will be
back as the highlight event on Saturday, Sept. 20. She?ll be followed
by a concert by a local band.

Arts Ballard will hold a rummage sale during the weekend to "recycle"
art supplies and art works donated by neighbors and friends.

More events are being planned for days throughout the week. Stay tuned.

Call for Artists

The Call for Artists for The RE Store's Second Recycled Art Show is
available on the web: http://www.resources.org/restore/re_seattle.htm
You can ask for a copy via email: artshowseattle@no.address
Or you can call: 206-297-9119

About The RE Store

The RE Store, an award-winning non-profit enterprise, provides
innovative services for a sustainable community. Providing professional
building salvage and deconstruction services, The RE Store collects
used building materials for sale at retail stores in Seattle and
Bellingham, WA. Last year we recycled approximately 3 million pounds of
building materials, generated thousands in state tax revenue, and
employed more than 30 people. For more information see our website:
www.re-sources.org/restore.

Winner: Sustainable Seattle?s "Sustainable Communities: Business of the
Year Award" 2002

The RE Store
1440 NW 52nd St.
Seattle, WA 98107