[greenyes] post - Proper Disposal of Electronics
Hi. I am a New York City resident, and would like
information on the proper disposal of electronics -- In
particular a fax machine, a television, and a computer
(with monitor and printer), and a VCR.

As I understand it, if these items are simply placed
in the weekly sanitation department pick up, they will
either be sent to an incinerator in New Jersey, or a
land fill someplace either of which will be harmful to
the environment.

I would imagine many of the parts of these devices
can be recycled or cannibalized for use in the
manufacture of new items. All I need to know is what should I
do with these things, and if necessary, whom should I
call?

Larry Ehrlich