Re: [greenyes] Rural Recycling Models
Ms. Brewer,

I am not sure if this will be of any help to your situation, but you may be able to use the Northeast Resource Recovery Association (Co-op) as a model.  The Co-op is a 25 year old pro-active, non profit working with its membership (of over 275 municipalities, both rural and urban, in NH, VT, ME and MA) to make their recycling programs strong, efficient, and financially successfully by:

-  providing cooperative marketing, cooperative purchasing and networking opportunities;
-  developing innovative recycling programs;
-  creating sustainable alternatives to reduce the volume and toxicity of waste, and;
-  educating and informing local officials about recycling and solid waste issues.

For more information about the Co-op, please visit our web site at www.recyclewithus.org

Also, as part of our educational commitment, we host an annual conference and exposition. The Co-op's 22nd Annual Conference and Exposition is being held on June 2 - 3, 2003 at the Center of New Hampshire - Holiday Inn in Manchester, NH (located less than 6 miles from Manchester Airport). The Co-op's Conference and Exposition was rated as one of the "Best in the Nation" by Resource Recycling Magazine (May 2000) for its willingness to "look into cutting-edge issues" and "bringing a regional perspective" to recycling and solid waste issues.
please take a minute to visit our web site - www.recyclewithus.org/conference.html.

Thank you and good luck!

Sincerely,
Todd