RE: [greenyes] Funding Recycling with trash?
	A perhaps obvious solution would be to increase the disposal surcharge proportional to
the decrease in the disposed tons.  This approach seems to have every advantage except
letting your local officials off the hook on a rate increase.  On the other hand, if the
total dollars collected don't increase (although perhaps they should, given the greater
marginal cost of diverting the remaining material), it could be argued that there really
hasn't been an increase.
	Any other answers you get may have application to the situation here in Alameda County
(CA), so I'd appreciate it if you would forward any off-list information you get.
	-- Steve Bloom (new to this list)