RE: [GreenYes] margarine and yogurt tubs

On 10-8, Heidi Feldman wrote:

" Luckily our haulers finally agreed to accept all plastic containers 1 - 7 and we no longer had to deal with that awkward description and limitation on our recycling programs."

Heidi,

I'm interesting in knowing just how much of the plastic #'s 3-7 is getting recycled in your program - collected, processed and returned to end users.  We chose to limit our program here to just the #1 and #2 plastics simply because there were no markets for the other post consumer resins.  And, we didn't want to pay the extra amount that the contract hauler would charge for us to have them collect them unless they were actually being recycled.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418