Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:40:24 -0400
From: "Christine McCoy" <cmccoy@rcap.org>
Subject: [GreenYes] Roadside Litter Recycling?

Are any states or communities that recycle materials collected from roadsides as part of their
clean-up efforts. Regardless of the workforce (i.e., prisoners, contractors,
volunteers, etc.). He's interested in seeing this type of program
implemented and we are looking for examples.

I'm not sure how many steel cans end up on roadsides, but they could perhaps
be included in the mix.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs
Rural Community Assistance Program
1522 K Street, NW #400
Washington, DC  20005
Phone: 202/408-1273 ext. 104
Fax: 202/408-8165
Email: cmccoy@rcap.org

------------------------------

End of [Greenyes Digest] V3 #107
Further question:

I am in search of a can crusher that will handle the #10 restaurant size food cans for one of the restaurants on our commercial route. ANyone aware of a manual (or inexpensive electric) can crusher this size?

Blair Pollock
Solid Waste Programs Manager
(919) 968-2788
fax: (919) 932-2900