etc.
This would be the first Advanced Deposit in the nation, thus it is of considerable interest. IBM has a big facility here & their rep. said recently, "I'm not saying we would leave if the fee passed, but we could leave [NC].

[GreenYes] Dept. of Energy  ---   biomass fuels & aggressive recycling

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:58:20 -0400
From: "Pablo Collins" <collins@csandh.com>
Subject: [GreenYes] Dept. of Energy  ---   biomass fuels & aggressive recycling

Last week the Department of Energy Released a paper on the Renewable
Fuel Portfolio provisions of the Energy Bill currently in House Senate
conference which concluded that it will be a big boost for biomass.  The
report can be found at:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/analysispaper/biomass/index.html     DOE's
thinking on biomass fuels and recycling may be of interest. =20
=20
"Similarly, while the amount of material that is recycled from municipal
solid waste streams has steadily grown, it is generally recognized that
a significant portion of the municipal solid waste stream is still
landfilled. An aggressive attempt to recycle more of the municipal solid
waste stream might translate into less available biomass for electricity
generation."
=20
Is this a subtle plug for waste to energy over recycling?
Pablo Collins
Paper Recycling Coalition