[GreenYes] Re: SRO sign-ons to Jeffords EPR bill support letter
<<
From: "Wayne Turner" <WAYNET@cityofws.org>
Does anyone know how many and which state recycling
organizations are publicly supporting Senator Jeffords
National Bottle Deposit Bill?  I haven't heard anything yet
from our own SRO but have just inquired.

Wayne,

So far, three recycling organizations have signed on to the
letter supporting Senator Jeffords' National Beverage
Producer Responsibility Act, S. 2220:  California Resource
Recovery Association, the Chicago Recycling Association
and New York City Waste Prevention Coalition.

The sign-on letter will go out tomorrow, so there is still a
little time to get on before it goes out.  But we will be
looking for endorsements beyond today and beyond the
hearings on July 11th, SO PLEASE KEEP ORGANIZATIONAL
ENDORSEMENTS COMING.  We hope you'll agree that it is

important that the recycling community speak up loudly.
Please forward info to zerowaste@grrn.org.

Below is the list of 46 national, state and local organizations
and businesses that have signed on as of yesterday:

NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS

Sierra Club

Natural Resources Defense Council

Friends of the Earth

Physicians for Social Responsibility

Co-op America

Scenic America

US Public Interest Research Group

GreenPeace USA

Institute for Local Self Reliance

GrassRoots Recycling Network

Container Recycling Institute

STATE & LOCAL

AL   Alabama Environmental Council

CA   California Resource Recovery Association

CA   Californians Against Waste

CA   Gary Liss & Associates

CA   Richard Anthony & Associates

CA   SLV Redemption-Recycling Centers, Valley Women's Club

CA   Valcore Community Recycling

FL   Earth Alert, University of Miami

FL   Florida Chapter Sierra Club

FL   Florida Public Interest Research Group

GA   Friends of Georgia

GA   Georgia Sierra Club

GA   Waste Not Georgia

IA   Iowa Public Interest Research Group

IL   Chicago Recycling Coalition

IL   Illinois Public Interest Research Group

MA   Dump & Run, Inc.

MA   MASSPIRG

MI   Flowerfield Enterprises, Inc.

MI   NO WASTE - Network Of Waste Activists Stopping Trash Exports

MI   St. Jude's Episcopal Church

MO   Society for Species Management and Survival

MT   Montana-CHEER

NC   Anson County CACTUS

NC   Dogwood Alliance

NC   Sustainable Jobs Fund *

NJ   NJ/NY Environmental Watch

NY   NYC Waste Prevention Coalition

PA   Creative Artists' Resource Project

TN   Cumberland Countians for Peace & Justice

TN   Network for Environmental & Economic Responsibility

TN   Obed Watershed Association

UT   Utahns for an Energy Efficient Economy (UE3)

VT   Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District

WI     Sunflower Consulting

WI   Waukesha County Environmental Action League

* Individual signer; organization for identification

Best regards,
/Bill Sheehan
GRRN