RE: [GreenYes] Good Zero Waste article in Sarasota, FLHeraldTribune
Terri, if you're looking to me to be the big coporate defender you'll have a long wait.  But forgive me when I see even the slightest possibility of corporate environmental altruism and leap to a conclusion that one of them just might be doing something that could be modelled by other companies.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418
email: waynet@cityofws.org

>>> "Steen, Terri - Contractor" <Terri_Steen@belvoir.army.mil> 06/04/02 12:44PM >>>
Pete, Wayne,
You're both right.  Tropicana is the "juice division" of PepsiCo, but P&G
has a press release on their web site announcing their lawsuit of Coca-Cola
(Minute Maid division) for the patent on calcium-fortified juice, which is
licensed to Tropicana.
They both have big sections of their web sites devoted to environmental
issues and/or sustainability, but I think they all bear watching to ensure
they live up to their own hype - and we should all continue to educate them
(and companies in general) about the differences in degree of "environmental
commitment" and true "sustainability."

(and I'll stop there lest my anti-business pinko colors start to show
again!)
Terri