FYI (and appologies for cross postings) --
The California Integrated Waste Management Board announces two opportunities for California stakeholders interested in electronics recycling efforts.
1) ATTEND "LISTENING TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS --
WORKSHOPS ON ELECTRONICS PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP."
REGISTER TODAY by downloading the flyer and registration form at http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Electronics/Stewardship/PSSP/
The workshop goals are to:
* Document local government perspectives on emerging agreements being developed through the National Electronics Product Stewardship Initiative (NEPSI) and its counterpart, WEPSI;
* Present new research documenting costs and trends with California's evolving local electronics recycling programs; and
* Provide updates on electronics product stewardship dialogs, regulation changes and proposed legislation.
The primary sponsor is the California Integrated Waste Management Board. Additional co-sponsors include the Oakland Environmental Services Division, the Long Beach Environmental Services Bureau, Waste Management/Recycle America, HMR USA, Inc. and Nxtcycle.
2) CONTRIBUTE TO CIWMB'S RESEARCH ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT COSTS.
Individuals responsible for California local government electronics recycling programs (whether or not you've yet provided such services) are urged to assist us by COMPLETING A SURVEY FORM TODAY (available at the Project Web site http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Electronics/Stewardship/PSSP/ ).
Your survey will:
* Help inform decision makers about local government's costs and perspectives;
* Help the CIWMB seek support for electronics recycling from industry and others through the National Electronics Product Stewardship Initiative (NEPSI) ; and
* Help establish benchmarks that can be used for understanding, comparing and strengthening local government electronics recycling services.
For more information see the Project Web site http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Electronics/Stewardship/PSSP/ or contact the CIWMB contractor, Boisson & Associates:
Edward Boisson (415-892-4648, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lynne Cody (530-271-1150, email@example.com).