[GreenYes] Backdoor vs. Curbside
We're discussing the possibility of implementing a user fee systemto pay for the collection of household refuse and, at the same time, attempting to create a pricing structure that would lead people to voluntarily choose curbside service over backdoor service.  Does anyone have any information or experience on service price differentials that would lead residents to opt for a cheaper, less convenient curbside collection of household refuse over a more expensive, more convenient backdoor collection of household refuse?  Underlying this question is the assumption that most people in our community currently are opting for the latter.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418