[GreenYes] RE: MGP processing costs in NYC
For our MRF, which handles some 10,000 tons of mixed containers a year, the
processing cost for unbagged material is $65 a ton, which includes both
capital and operating costs. However, 80% of the revenue from the sale of
the materials is returned to the user, and often this results in a price of
less than $15 a ton, including residual disposal.

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, WI