[GreenYes] divorcing the car [was: recycling 5's/6's-Why make it atall?]
Some of us are indeed divorcing our cars [although, I suspect you are
correct in that not enough are willing to take the leap and actually do
it]!

My hope is that more car owners will sit down and tally up how much they
are actually spending for the luxury of owning and maintaining their hunk
of metal, with many becoming so grossed out as to seek transportation
alternatives.  For those who will claim to need a car because they live in
the country: just wait 10 minutes.  Urban sprawl is creeping ever closer.

Best regards,
Edna
[unaffiliated grassroots zero-waste contemplator]