[GreenYes] GRRN's Local Government web portal

At last week’s National League of Cities conference in Atlanta, GRRN staff unveiled a new five-part fact sheet series designed to engage local government officials in our producer responsibility and Zero Waste campaigns. We talked with hundreds of local government reps from all over the country – from people interested in how to start a community recycling program, to those looking for strategies to break the 50% diversion barrier, to the Mayor of the only municipality with a bottle deposit law (Columbia, MO). Our core messages hold very strong appeal.

GRRN’s “Local Government Connections” fact sheets are housed and available on our web site’s new Local Government portal, www.grrn.org/localgov/.  Active links to key areas of our web site are imbedded in the on-line PDF fact sheets, permitting easy and instant navigation to our wealth of resources and planning tools.

We will build on the contacts made at NLC, and we encourage all of you to invite local officials to stop by our “virtual booth” at www.grrn.org/localgov/

David Wood, Program Director

GrassRoots Recycling Network

5610 Dorsett Drive