[GreenYes] More from the CBS Early Show
I keep searching the CBS Early Show web site trying to find Bryant Gumbel's
comment - or his apology.  Instead I found this from yesterday's show:
http://www.cbsnews.com/earlyshow/living/home/20011204hibreport_disposable.sh
tml
The opening: While the environmentalists try to get everyone to conserve and
recycle, some manufacturers seem to be working in the opposite direction. It
started off innocently enough. Just a few disposable items - things you use
every day and would like to have at the ready. But these days, disposable
products have saturated the marketplace, and you might be surprised what you
find on the garbage heap.

There's a video link - it's more detailed and the lack of any alternatives
is more obvious.  Laurie Hibbert appears to be encouraging people to throw
away plastic ware, cell phones, and anything else they want to.  In fact,
one of her interviewees says "single-use products are designed for
recycling."  I think he's from Consumer Reports.

HUH??  Who's sponsoring this?  Now I'm definitely writing to the producers!!

Terri Steen