Re: Fwd: [GreenYes] Proposed San Jose EPP Policy
Hi all,

Have any of you read over the proposed EPP policy for the city of SJ.  I'm interested in thoughts, opinions etc regarding this draft policy.

I just read through it myself and the values are just fine but there are no methods for getting any of the points accomplished.  For example: point 5 on pg. 3 states that SJ will " encourage providers of services to consider environmental impacts of service delivery" but does not state how the city will accomplish this goal.

Also, there is nothing product specific in this policy except for "uncertified hardwoods".  It seems like there should be more product specific language in this policy.

Please, submit comments to me as I will be submitting  comments to the city tomorrow before 5.  The URL for the draft policy is below. I look forward to your comments.

Olga Meydbray
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
760 N. 1st St. San Jose, CA 95116
www.svtc.org