[GreenYes]

I was looking for a PVC-less wrap for food service about a year or more back. This product blurb caught my eye. I have done no further checking.

David Wollner, BRING Recycling

EarthShell Corp. introduced a compostable sandwich wrap to its line of biodegradable products. Similar to other EarthShell products, the sandwich wraps can be made from compostable composite materials such as abundant limestone, renewable starch and biopolymers."

 "The global wrap market is estimated to be about $1 billion annually."

"EarthShell believes the new wraps will be an excellent alternative to foil, paper and plastic-laminated wraps, which are used to serve traditional hot and cold sandwiches - including tacos, hamburgers, breakfast sandwiches and more. The company said CKE Restaurants Inc., of Anahiem, Calif., operators of Carl's Jr., Hardees and Taco Bueno restaurants, is evaluating the packaging sandwich wraps in their Anaheim test kitchen . . . "

(According to John Dunion, Carl's Jr. executive vice president and chief administration officer), "We are enthusiastic about the potential of the new EarthShell Packaging wraps from an environmental, performance and price standpoint. It's a new material that is much stronger than traditional wraps." (end)