Re: [GreenYes] Tourism and recycling
hello
i am jayan writing from kerala
we are  also interested in this. We are a small group from kerala,
India .

We launched a anti incineration campaign in kerala in 1999 june
along with greenpeace and succeeded in stopping that. But the
waste problem was still to be addressed and last february . We with
support and guidance from GAIA started the zerowaste kovalam
initiative . we are attempting to develop a document which will
address all aspects of waste and currently three people are digging
around for informations. We found it quite useful to learn from many
of you and if you have suggestions and experience to share we are
keen to hear from you all.

we have good expertise in understanding tourism , we know the local
political structure and functioning and we are learning community
ways to handle waste

jayan

Jayakumar C.

Co ordinator
Thanal Conservation Action and Information Network,
P B # 815 , Kawdiar , Thiruvananthapuram ,
Kerala , India.

Pin 695 003

mail : thanal@vsnl.com

Tel  :++91-471-311896