Re: [GRRN] Durability as a means of conservation
Barry Brooks wrote:

> Dear Greenyes subscribers,
>
> I wonder what you think about the use of durability to conserve.

absolutely and positively - making things to last is cerytainly a very
good way to achieve sustainability, especially if the materials are
non-toxic, re-useable and easily recyclable...

but this goes against the capitalist ethos - sell rubbish with "built in
obsolescence" (a term I believe was developed by appliance manufacturers
in the USA) so that we have to replace them sooner and sooner, spending
more money, so that they can make more profits on the same product;
packaging is a simple example...

Muna