[GreenYes] Looking for International Internship
Hi:

Laurenteen Morris is a California Resource Recovery
Association member and a student looking for an overseas
internship.  Her cover letter, and curriculum vitae are below.
Please contact her if you know of any overseas opportunities.
She is a very articulate and dedicated scholar.

Please send any leads directly to Laurenteen at laurenteen@hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Ann Schneider

Dear GRRN Members:

Thank you for the opportunity to circulate my work experience and
education
acquired thus far.

Currently I am a graduate student at Monterey Institute of International
Studies.  My degree of focus is International Environmental Policy
Studies.
My language of concentration is Japanese.  To date I've lived there a
total
of five years.  The experience was wonderful and I am looking forward to
experiencing other cultures and languages.

My area of interest is currently with waste minimization.  I've had an
internship with the Monterey County office in their Solid Waste
Department.
I would be interested in working with an organization or company that is
helping to reduce the amount of packaging found in consumer products
before they reach the market as well as eco-labelling for organic foods
as well as for genetically modified foods.

My summer vacation begins May 13th, 2001 and lasts until August.  Classes

begin in early September.

Although I have had exposure to French and Spanish in High School and
undergrad respectively, I have an advanced level of understanding in
Japanese.

Any information that you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Please find below a pasted copy of my resume.  It can be faxed, mailed or

emailed upon request.  Please feel free to contact me directly via my
email
address: Laurenteen@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Laurenteen
laurenteen@hotmail.com
				Laurenteen Carla Morris

1251 4th Street Apt. #2 Monterey, CA 93940   Tel: 831-372-2081 Email:
laurenteen@hotmail.com
                      	EDUCATION
Monterey Institute of International Studies, Monterey, CA Master of Arts
in
International Environmental Policy				12/ 01

University of Massachusetts at Amherst (UMASS), Amherst, MA, Bachelor of
Humanities, Japanese 							07/96

Kwansei Gakuin University, Uegahara, Nishinomiya, Japan Foreign Exchange
via
UMASS								07/97

University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, Bachelor of Arts, English,
													05/89
              		SELECTED COURSEWORK
®Policy & Data Analysis
®International Negotiations
® Biopolicy
®International Economics
®Trade & Environment
® Global Business & Environment
®Environmental Science
® International Environmental Law
®Renewable Energy
		ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
® Created a Request For Proposal to regenerate base year waste
calculations
for Monterey County.

® Attended countywide events to promote the use of refined, curbside and
certified center oil recycling.

® Established an educational tool to be used electronically to promote
solid
waste reduction throughout County Facilities.

® Assisted Central Coast Recycling Media Coalition with developing
recycling
commercials for both radio and TV.

® Conducted waste audits at County Facilities and Schools to promote
internal recycling compliance.

® Created a database that identified large refuse producers throughout
Monterey County.

® Intensified campus momentum to establish a recycling and compost pilot
programs.
			RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS EXPERIENCE
®Analyzed documents pertaining to nuclear waste dumping in San Francisco
Bay.

®Created databases and compilation of radioactive materials in San
Francisco
Bay.

®Researching Biotechnology and forthcoming trade issues.
			HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
® Trained, supervised, & conducted annual reviews for salary increases &
promotions for a department of 15 employees.

® Updated written manual for departmental use; interviewed and hired for
new
positions where needed.

® Assessed quality control of media for microfilm and filing.
			EDUCATION AND TRAINING EXPERIENCE
® Conducted career development workshops and advised 150 new graduates

® Developed 250 job opportunities for computer and business degrees
through
telemarketing
				EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
San Francisco Weekly, Environmental Journalism Intern, Monterey, CA
		11/00
-  01/01

County of Monterey Environmental Health Department, Recycling Assistant,
Salinas, CA, 06/00  -  08/00

No 1 Travel, Travel Agent, Osaka City, Japan 						07/98  -  10/99

Foreign Buyer’s Club, Customer Service Representative, Kobe, Japan
		01/98
-  04/98

Berlitz Language School, Language Instructor, Osaka, Japan 			03/97  -
01/98

DeVry Institute of Technology, Career Counselor, Pomona, CA 			10/93  -
07/95

Nishigo Board of Education, Assistant English Teacher, Nishigomura,
Japan,
07/91  -  07/93

Bullock’s Corporate Headquarters, Coordinator, Los Angeles, CA 			10/89
-
0791

Security Pacific National Bank, Ace Teller, Claremont, CA 				05/89  -
10/89

					ADDITIONAL SKILLS
Languages:  English (native); Japanese (Advanced); Spanish (Beginner);

French (Beginner)

Software:  FoxPro, Excel, Windows, Internet, MacIntosh, Apollo, Axcess,
Infini, Lexus-Nexus, Epscoe, and FilemakerPro

Conferences:California Recycling Resources Association, July 2000
Organizations:  California Recycling Resources Association, Global
Resources
Coalition, & Zero Waste Alliance