Re: [GreenYes] A REQUEST:ALTERNATIVES to BURNING TIRES
Dear Neil and Zeina,

The province of Nova Scotia in Canada has established a Used Tyre
Management programme. It's an industry stewardship agreement, and they have
applied an environmental fee of $3 for all new passenger tyres and $9 for
all new truck tyres to manage the system. Since implementation of the
strategy approximately 2.3 million tyres have been recycled, and a new tyre
recycling plant is currently under construction which will crumb tyres for
the manufacturing of various products.

For more info. you can contact:

 Tab A. Borden.
 Executive Manager,
 Trade & Investment,
 Nova Scotia Department of the Environment.

 Tel: 902 424 5205
 E-mail: bordenta@gov.ns.ca

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Anne-Marie Cunningham
Earthwatch - Friends of the Earth Ireland.

Ph: + 353 1 4785140
Fax:+ 353 1 4762042